This information notice aims at explaining to all users of AirVantage (either on https://na.airvantage.net or https://eu.airvantage.net), Source, Forum, Octave and Gerrit websites the purposes and features of the use of their personal data (the “Information Notice”).
As soon as a user:
- registers and creates (the “Users”) an account on Forum and Source websites;
- sends a request (the “Prospect“) in connection with the Sierra Wireless Services; and/or
- subscribes (the “Client“) to the Sierra Wireless services either by registering an AirVantage and or Octave trial account or by having a new user account created by AirVantage’s and/or Octave’s administrator, irrespective of the Sierra Wireless services to which the Client has subscribed (the “Services“) with any of the Sierra Wireless group entities;
Sierra Wireless processes, on its own behalf, Prospects and Clients personal data and acts a data controller in this respect.
1. The data controller of your personal data and its data protection officer
As part of its activities, Sierra Wireless S.A. and the Sierra Wireless group entities (“Sierra Wireless”, “Us” or “We“) process only relevant and strictly necessary personal data. Sierra Wireless takes care of the User’s, Prospect’s and Client’s personal data it processes in order to provide access to its websites, answer the User’s, Prospect’s and Client’s requests and/or inquiries, and supply its Services. In this respect, Sierra Wireless processes your personal data and facilitates the exercise of your rights in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 (“GDPR“). If you have any concern or question on the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com.
In order to better address its personal data protection duties, Sierra Wireless has designated a data protection officer (the “DPO“). If you wish to contact the DPO in relation to the processing of your personal data, please contact him by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Client’s and Prospect’s personal data we collect
Sierra Wireless collects personal data directly from the Users, the Prospects and/or the Clients, and their activities in relation to the use of the Sierra Wireless websites and Services. Sierra Wireless collects personal data from the Prospect’s creation of an account on Source, Forum and Octave websites and/or from the Prospect’s requests sent to Sierra Wireless in connection with the Services and related products.
Sierra Wireless collects personal data from the Clients for: