Are You Ready to Make the IIoT Your Competitive Advantage?

With Semtech, Your Future Starts Now

For Industrial IoT (IIoT) to work effectively, industrial equipment must distribute data accurately, reliably, and securely. In modern industrial environments, everything from operating revenues to employee safety depends on it. Download our whitepaper to learn more about how to get IIoT connectivity right:

The Value of Industrial IoT

Optimized-Productivity icon

Predictive Maintenance

Using operating data from equipment to understand when it will fail, reducing downtime.

Reducing-In-Transit-Damage icon

Pay per use models

Precisely tracking equipment use means charging based on exact usage.

Fleet Management icon

Data-driven decisions

Analyzing data from industrial equipment drives better business decisions, increases efficiency and reduces costs.

Making the Industrial IoT Your Competitive Advantage

Choosing the right connectivity components and infrastructure is a vital part of preparing for Industrial IoT deployment. Explore these resources to learn more about how to IIoT Connectivity Right:

Demystifying Industrial IoT Connectivity

The Industrial IoT is primarily about connecting machines in industrial settings. Think oil and gas, utilities, or healthcare.

Card_WP_How to Get Industrial IoT Connectivity Right

How to Get Industrial IoT Connectivity Right

IoT is supercharging industrial environments, enabling industrial equipment manufacturers to offer entirely new kinds of services to their customers, leading to more efficient operations.


Industrial IoT Opportunities: Predictive Maintenance & Equipment-as-a-Service

The growing need for connected, “smart” equipment can be a disruptive force for many manufacturers. The challenge is to embrace these changes before your competition leaves you in their dust.

deployment challenges in iiot

Deployment Challenges in Industrial IoT

Unclear Return on Investment (ROI) 

Difficulties in assessing deployment and maintenance costs make it hard to predict economic benefits.

How Atlas Copco Connected its Industrial Air Compressors

With sales in over 180 countries and an annual revenue exceeding $9.5 billion, Atlas Copco is one of the largest suppliers of industrial air equipment in the world today. A few years ago, the Swedish manufacturing giant launched SMARTLINK, an online service to remotely monitor its air compressors. By 2018, SMARTLINK, which is available to Atlas Copco’s customers on a tiered subscription model, was generating up to 43% of the company’s revenues for the company’s air compressor division, with the remaining 57% coming from equipment sales.

This case study by GSMA examines how Atlas Copco built the IoT infrastructure behind SMARTLINK – using, among other things, gateways and connectivity services offered by Semtech (formerly Sierra Wireless) – to deliver data from its air compressors to the cloud.


Ready to get started?

Collecting data from the field and using it to drive new, service-oriented businesses requires integrated processes and a streamlined flow of information. In our years of experience helping companies deploy IoT applications, we’ve developed a clear view of what works and what’s to be avoided. By starting with Semtech, companies in the industrial sector can be confident they’ll create an IoT deployment that offers the right combination of simplicity, security, and scalability – all while triggering a transition from product-based to service-based offerings.

Our pre-certified wireless solutions, expert professional services, and strong relationships with the world’s leading wireless carriers accelerate network certification and integration. We help customers deploy new applications in weeks instead of months.

Connect with an IoT Expert

Have an expert help you choose an IoT option that best fits your project.

Subscribe to our IoT Newsletter

Sierra Wireless is now Semtech