Increased concern over security threats, the need to lower public security costs, and demand for more effective premise access controls are driving the market for security solutions. When traditional fixed line solutions are inconvenient, expensive to provision, or vulnerable to compromise, wireless communications provide rapid and flexible deployment for:
- Video surveillance: borders, buildings, streets
- Building security and controls: home, commercial/government building monitoring, access control, alarms
Download Security Solution Overview brochure
Surveillance provider relies on the AirLink gateways and routers to increase the flexibility of their solution
AirLink Raven X ensures high-speed information for police and community safety
Sierra Wireless advantage
Create wireless security solutions that customers can rely on to monitor, control, manage and report on devices in remote locations. Our wireless modules are designed for rugged performance, reliability, and persistent network connectivity.
The only technology partner you need for end-to-end applications
From ruggedized embedded modules, gateways and routers, software suites, and development tools to services platforms, Sierra Wireless is the only company that can offer all the technology components you need for building end-to-end security applications.
Simplify integration and deployment
Get new services to new markets faster with open and proven technologies that allow rapid design and easy integration, with a services platform that enables fast deployment and cost-effective maintenance and support.
Be assured of reliability, long product lifespan, and persistent network connections for mission-critical communications. Sierra Wireless products for Security applications are built to withstand extreme temperatures, humidity, and vibration. They have been proven in the field by emergency services and first responders.
Credibility with wireless carriers worldwide
Leverage Sierra Wireless credibility and long-standing relationships with leading wireless carriers to facilitate network certification and connection
Sierra Wireless solutions for Security
AirPrime™ Embedded Wireless Modules: a broad range of cellular wireless modules that can be embedded into security applications.
- AirPrime MC Series: Latest generation of 3G/4G air interfaces for broadband applications such as video surveillance
- AirPrime Q Series and SL Series: programmable and scalable, with advanced features that decrease total system cost. A single form factor supports multiple air interfaces.
- Security Library for Open AT® : allows for integration of advanced security features (such as encryption and jamming detection) into the wireless module with no extra cost.
AirLink™ Intelligent Gateways: Designed for applications where reliability and security are essential. AirLink devices offer flexibility, programmability, low total cost of ownership, and are powered by ALEOS™ Embedded Intelligence for cellular session persistence, robust remote management, control and configuration.
- Raven XE Gateway: A rugged communications platform, ideal for security applications requiring broadband connection.
- GX440 LTE Gateway: A powerful, ultra-rugged 4G LTE gateway with Ethernet, USB and Serial connections.
AirLink Partners with Security Solutions:
- Crimepoint: Video surveillance solutions for law enforcement
- EarthCam: Webcam solutions for multiple applications (security, construction, traffic, tourism)
AirVantage™ Services Platform : Accelerate time-to-market and reduce risk. AirVantage Management Service reduce service costs with seamless over the air monitoring and upgrade of AirPrime or AirLink devices.
Embedded SIM : an award-winning Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) solution with a pre-loaded service subscription, designed to meet reliability requirements (temperature, vibration, humidity) for the transportation market and seamless connection with cellular networks.
Professional services : Take advantage of our experience and expertise, from design to deployment. Be assured of network certification with our verification expertise and strong wireless operator relationships.